Daily GUIDE-ance:

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jonni and me were polishing off the Great Brain books at the start of summer for bedtime stories and she was way into those. Then we discovered Avatar, (the last airbender) which ruled our summertime bedtime stories. (Yeah, we watched TV for bedtime stories. SUE ME!! That show was Great!) Since we finished Avatar, conveniently about the same time school started... (again, Avatar ruled!! Still reeling)... Jonni and me have now moved on to what looks like it may be our next bedtime story thingy: Wrinkle in Time.

I was worried that it was a couple years ahead of her still, so I gave her every possible out if it turned out that she didn't like it. But she does! And we are only in chapter 3 or so, nothing has even happened yet. We met Calvin basically.

I really am digging on being able to read books I love to my kids, now that I have kids old enough to like them also. It's probably even better than we I discovered these books for myself. This is such a blast.

8 comments:

rbcp said...

I read a Wrinkle in Time for the first time this year. I'd never heard of it until recently. The kids and I watched a movie based on it too, which wasn't too bad. It's on Netflix, I think.

timpani76 said...

Oooh, are you reading the copy that I gave you? I thought Jonni would like the cover art when she got older ;)

Dana Cheryl said...

that is really cool! i don't often imagine what it'll be like to have kids but on occasion i do think how awesome it would be to share books with them. i hope my future kids share Jonni's great taste in books and tv. The Last Airbender series rocks!!!

Renae said...

I loved that book when I was a kid, and I read it again a few years back. Actually, I don't remember which one of the series it was, but I thought it was kind of weird. I was disappointed that I didn't love it.

Anonymous said...

yeah Timpani we are actually reading YOUR copy!

Speaking of illustrations, it's too bad no one has ever done a really good set of illustrations that go beyond cover art for this book. Jonni was asking about what everyone looked like and wanted pictures.

I read that Madeline Lengle hated the TV movie they made of the book, Brad. I've never seen it.

Some of the 4 books in the series are odd Renae. Esp #2. 1 and 3 are both equally good I think though.

It IS cool Dana. It's actually better than when I read these books for the first time.

J

HTM said...

Wrinkle in Time--Good stuff!

Have you run across the Bastable children books by E. Nesbitt? Written in the early 1900s in England, they are intelligent, humorous fairy tales in short novel form. Five Children and It is my favorite. C.S. Lewis referred to the characters in one of the Narnia books. Fun to read aloud.

HTM said...

Oops--not the Bastables after all, but another set of characters.

lily said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin ShoesChristian Louboutin Pumps Wedding Dress ShopsWedding Dress ShopsChristian Louboutin Boots Christian Louboutin PumpsChristian Louboutin Heels Christian Louboutin SandalPigalle Christian Louboutin fur bootschristian louboutin fur bootslouboutin pumpslouboutin fur bootscoyote fur bootschristian louboutin heelssilver strappy sandalschristian louboutin toundraloubitan studded bow peepvintage wedding dresses wedding dressescheap mobile phoneWedding Dresses 2011Wedding Dress ShopsOff the Shoulder Wedding Dressesbridal jacketswedding jacketsbridal jacketshalter neck wedding dressesoff the shoulder wedding dressesvintage wedding dresseswedding dresses with sleeveswedding jackets for the brideSorry for the bother, God bless you.