Daily GUIDE-ance:

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Avatar: The Last Airbender

We finished season two of Avatar the other night, and I have to say it rules. The best cartoon ever. I've been pretty darn close to crying over this cartoon a couple times. And it's hilarious.

I used to think TV was a terrible format for story telling, but I was fundamentally wrong there, apparently. Between Avatar, Firefly and season 1 of Heroes... I've been forced to admit that it can be done very well indeed.

Geesh. I'm like, all caught up in the Avatar thing right now. Uncle Iroh... There's a segment in one of the episodes that shows him grieving over his dead child, that I just can't quite get over. Honestly, the only thing I can compare it to is when Dumbledore died in HP and I went around in a daze for a day or two, literally doing a miniature of the mourning process so that I could get on with my life. (Pathetic sounding, no?)

And the final episode of season 2... I'm just Blown Away. So. Major props for Avatar: The Last Airbender. The cartoon blows the movie away.

9 comments:

Brad Carter said...

I used to watch parts of that show because my kids would watch it on TV all the time and always thought it looked awesome. I wish I'd gotten to see the entire series. Kids have seen them all.

Did you see the movie? Everything I've read about it says it was awful.

Bruce said...

tv not good at telling stories???
are you crazy?
did you ever see "leave it to beaver".
i mean come on john. that show was genious.

Brad Carter said...

I don't think John had a TV in the 60's.

Eyepoke said...

Brad,
Yeah, I saw the movie before I saw the cartoons, on the basis of Night Shylaman rules. Liz liked the movie, I thought it was a take it or leave it. But after seeing the cartoon, I can see why so many people hate the movie. the cartoon is way better.

You have netflix right? We watch the cartoon on instant watch.

Eyepoke said...

Not sure that I ever have seen that show Moose.

Renae said...

I saw the movie, and I thought it was pretty good.

I LOVED Heroes. I haven't gotten past season two. That's the problem with TV serieses. (Is that a word? What is the plural for series?) They just take too darn much time to watch. You know how good I am at staying up to watch anything. It just doesn't work out. Oh well. I guess I will probably never watch them, simply because I just don't know when I would do it.

Brad Carter said...

You guys are making me want to watch Heroes now. I've heard that the later seasons are pretty terrible, but the first season is genius.

Eyepoke said...

Brad, yeah watch season 1 of Heroes. It was a rush.

lily said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin ShoesChristian Louboutin Pumps Wedding Dress ShopsWedding Dress ShopsChristian Louboutin Boots Christian Louboutin PumpsChristian Louboutin Heels Christian Louboutin SandalPigalle Christian Louboutin fur bootschristian louboutin fur bootslouboutin pumpslouboutin fur bootscoyote fur bootschristian louboutin heelssilver strappy sandalschristian louboutin toundraloubitan studded bow peepvintage wedding dresses wedding dressescheap mobile phoneWedding Dresses 2011Wedding Dress ShopsOff the Shoulder Wedding Dressesbridal jacketswedding jacketsbridal jacketshalter neck wedding dressesoff the shoulder wedding dressesvintage wedding dresseswedding dresses with sleeveswedding jackets for the brideSorry for the bother, God bless you.