Daily GUIDE-ance:

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Buncha Looshers

The guy who died just before the Olympics started... he was in that wierd sport that I can't spell. But I find the pronunciation of it hilarious. I heard it on the radio. The news commentator talking about the other "looshers" honoring this "dead loosher" by wearing black tape on thier helmets and what not. The radio chic was serious, but I had to laugh. It sounds like she was mildly drunk and trying to call them all loosers.

I wonder who will be the gold medal loosher?

5 comments:

Renae said...

I always giggle about the LOOSHERS too.

Renae said...

No, I don't know how to spell it either.

Dana Cheryl said...

Is that the sport where they get into the canoe looking thing and speed down ice tunnels?

Olympic Sledding. I'm wondering how much athletic ability it takes to do this?

timpani76 said...

I guess I've only seen it spelled- luger -for everyone who can't spell. It reminds me more of people spitting what they called "loogies" when I was a kid than a slurred version of "loser".

Also- why can't they just call it bobsledding? Isn't that the other name for it?

Dana Cheryl said...

You point Timpani... Is it the same a bobsledding?! We must look into this further.