Daily GUIDE-ance:

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Liz is still alive

Liz spent most of the day monday in the ER.

At 10:30am she collapsed, experincing unusual dizziness and nausea. She called me at work just before this happened, and I rushed home. I found her on the floor, breathing shallowly and semi-coherent. I called 911, paramedics arrived and we spent the remainder of the day at St. Clare's Hospital in Fenton. A series of tests were run, including a CAT scan. They found her blood pressure and fluids to be low, but nothing in the way of a blood clot or other concrete explanation for her symptoms.

At about 6 pm the RN asked her to try to stand up. After about 60 seconds, she became faint and breifly lost conciousness. They rested her and ran IV fluids to her for until about 9:30pm, at which time she was able to stand long enough to be discharged. Her instructions are to rest for a few days and see what happens.

Oh. Also she has a somewhat broken leg. That happened about a week and a half ago. I beat her up. Okay actually no, that's not what happened, what really happened was she stepped off the back porch and somehow broken her leg doing it. It's only about a 6 in drop, so... me beating her up sounds more likely I guess... Anyhow Not sure if there is a connection between the leg and the dizziness, and neither are the doctors at the ER, so Liz's real doctor is working on it. That's all I know.

This is basic Liz for you, BTW. Her MO is dramatic injury. Rheumatic fever for all of 2008. Two crazy bad pregnacies. Kidney stones. And did I mention that she once spent most of a year disabled with a broken toe? She just kept breaking the same one over and over and over. Its as if a sorcerer has stolen her karmic identity and has taken it on a crime spree... he commits a bunch of heinous crimes, Liz gets all the astral backlash. So Liz is not really up to doing anything that involves sitting up or standing or walking, and I am kind of tied down right now as her babysitter.

(this post was peiced together from various emails, since I don't have the energy to write it all up AGAIN)

So, more tests this week. I'll letcha know.

3 comments:

timpani76 said...

We love you Liz!

Brad Carter said...

Congrats on still being alive, Liz!

Wish you guys could come to the City Museum with us, but Liz would probably use the 100' cave drops as an excuse to injure herself again. Hopefully we can make it out to Pacific to visit you while we're in town!

timpani76 said...

Did they check her iron levels? This sounds like a toned down version of what happens to me when I get anemic.