Daily GUIDE-ance:

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hey, I'm reading Brisingr. The third sequal to Eragon. Yes, the series has most of the weaknesses you would expect from a teenage author. But the author is now grown upish and I think Brisingr reflects that some. It still reminds me of something I would have written at age 15, but I'm liking it anyway. Simple hero/adventure story, good vs evil, refreshingly ungritty.

I also blazed through a couple things on tape in the meanwhile, notably an Agatha Christie. I'm new to her, but I am impressed.

5 comments:

timpani76 said...

Only old ladies like Agatha Christie:)

Renae said...

I also enjoyed Brisingr. In my opinion, better than Twilight, easily.

Eyepoke said...

Well, I guess in the words of my brother in law Patrick (at age 7 or so, at the top of his lungs in a grocery store, on a dare from me): "I'm an old lady and I'm proud of it!"

timpani76 said...

I knew it!!!

Renae said...

That's funny. You know you're rubbing off on Patrick somewhat. Did I tell you about his prayer in the double ward activity thing? He was praying over the refreshments and he said something like "...and please bless the refreshments that they won't kill anybody." I don't remember the exact words, but I laughed and was strongly reminded that he has grown up with you around.