Daily GUIDE-ance:

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Why DNA rules and MJ drools

Brad Carter said...
Hey John, I'm wondering if you cared or felt sad when Douglas Adams died. And if so, can you relate that to why people care so much about Michael Jackson dying?I'm still with you on not caring about MJ. I don't see why he's the "king of pop" either. He had a few awesome songs in the 80's, but so did a lot of other people. Many other artists have had a LOT more hits than him and, in my opinion, made much better music than he did. What makes him so special, other than the nightly news demanding (24/7 it seems) that we be sad about him dying.
July 3, 2009 3:13 PM

Eyepoke said...
Hmm. No, I wasn't all that ripped up when DNA died. Suprized. I dunno... I guess, yeah I liked his work alot, but I never met him or knew him... So yeah, sad on a certain level, but definately not to the point of holding a candlelight vigil or anything.

And here, really, is the BIG difference between DNA's passing and jackson's. DNA had actual fans, who had some sort of connection with him through his work. I don't know anyone who cares one way or another about MJ. He was just another annoying celebrity nobody. I've never even heard of anyone who cares about MJ. So why all the idiot hype from the media, as if anyone did care?

When was the last time he put out any music? When was the last time he was anything but kind of a sad laughing stock? (And a certifiable mental case. Probably the only thing that stood between him and the psychiatic treatment he needed was the fact that he was mindbogglingly rich.) So why, all the sudden, all the hype and non-stop coverage?

DNA on the other hand got very little coverage from the media, which is fine, because all the hype MJ gets is really, I think, disrepectful to the dead and the family. Let them make their peace in peace.
July 4, 2009 7:17 AM

Eyepoke said...
That was a good question. I guess I'll have to write that up into an actual post.

5 comments:

Renae said...

As far as I'm concerned, Hollywood could fall into the ocean, and we'd all be the better for it. I'm still for the hole idea. (digging a gigantic pit and throwing all of the annoying Hollywood retards into it, and letting them eat eachother.) Why does the media hype all of that stupid crap anyway. As if I care what a moron like Paris Hilton does.

Brad Carter said...

I'm amazed that MJ is still getting nonstop coverage on all the news channels. Every night at the gym, 3 out of the 5 TVs there are talking about him and it's been over a week now! The 2 that aren't talking about him are ESPN and the animal channel. What's there left to talk about? He's still dead!

I actually liked MJ's music in the 80's and have a small collection of his hits on my Ipod that I never listen to. And I don't really understand what makes MJ more special than the OTHER musicians from the 80's who had a handful of hits. Why does the guy who everyone is so certain molested kids get the "king of pop" title?

Eyepoke said...

I suppose its propelled by that class of persons who really have nothing else to live for.

Dana Cheryl said...

Renae that's a great premise for a reality show! That might even be one that America actually needs. :)

timpani76 said...

BWAHAHAHA!!! I'M KIDNAPPING YOUR WIFE AND NEVER BRINGING HER BACK!!!