Daily GUIDE-ance:

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bedtime

Well, Im going to bed. 9:30pm. If the queer wins in the morning, well, McCain would have been better, but it'll be easier to get a real canidate in in 4 on the Rep side than on the Demside. If McCain wins, at least we dont have a baby eater as president.

You all should know that my view is that the most significant issue in our generation is the abortion issue. It's been a while since I posted something related to my abolitionist views... I've been in a very nice slack mode for the last several months... but I think, now that the election is almost over- lol- it may be time to strap on the armor again.

I have tons of material... not just preaching, but real, actual thinking...

But tonight is not the time for it.

I can't believe that my mom thinks BHO is ok... Does anybody live life not half asleep anymore? What's the line from Dune?

Paul:"You dare suggest that the son of a Duke is an animal?"
The Reverend Mother: "Let's say I suggest that he might be human."

Are people really anything other than sheep?

Physics teaches that there are 4 fundamental forces in the universe. 4 reasons why things happen.

1) The electromagnetic force
2) Gravity
3) The Strong force (whatever that is- it acts only at an atomic level anyway)
4) The Weak force (ditto)

My suspiction is that there is another "force" -

5) The will; that is to say : agency

Phillip Jose Farmer, the scifi writer once explained it like this:

Do people really have "choice", or do the laws of physics predestine everything? Are our actions governed entirely by our biology and chemistry, or can we choose to act in a way contrary to nature? We feel like we have choice... but is that feeling anything other than an illusion?

Farmer's answer was : "People have free will. They just don't use it much"

I think that's true.

Many religions use fasting- the practice of deliberately skipping a few meals- as a means of empowering the spirit. In away this makes sense: deliberately excerising the will to oppose your simple physical chemistry.

It's 10:00 now. I'm for bed. Go McCain. Go BHO- to Yyfarn- to be slowly digested over 1000 years.

PS:
Al Gore reminded me of Agent Smith (Miister Anderson!)
John Kerry looked like a member of he undead
John Edwards- kinda like an alien in a stolen human body (give me sugar. in wa-ter)
Hilary- clearly a witch
BHO- what can I say? The AntiChrist.

6 comments:

timpani76 said...

McCain said in his concession speech:

I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.

I think that's what I will try to do.

Anonymous said...

McCain's such a loser and always has been.

J

timpani76 said...

Ok, he was a POW for five years, so he has not always been a loser. He stayed in the Hanoi Hilton, when he could have gotten out, but he chose to stay to be with the men under his command instead of riding out on daddy's general stars.

I have other problems with McCain, but I respect his service record.

Eyepoke said...

Being a victim does not make you a hero or special or even all that unusual- the kind of person you become afterwards is what counts.

I think McCain's poltical career demonstrates him to be a weakling.

timpani76 said...

He wasn't a victim. He CHOSE to stay despite great hardship, that makes it a heroic act during an unpopular war.

Anonymous said...

I will say this though: You are right about there being no point in being all ... pissy if I may use that term -about the whole mess. Might as well get on with the main business of life- having a good time according to Zaphod.

I still say McCain's a total dweebe. What sort of gimp runs such a pansy stand for nothing campaign that a joker like BO can beat him? I have to wonder if there wasn't something under the table throwing the election thing going on. McCain could have stuck it to BO in so many ways and never did. dork.

J