Daily GUIDE-ance:

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Brain

So, I went to some trouble to make a brain for my Haunted House.
I began by boiling a random assortment of noodles- spaghetti, macaroni, egg, etc:
I got the roundest cereal bowl I had and put the noodles in it. I added duct tape to the bowl, but looking back I can't see why. I stirred in some flour and salt and warm water to act as a bonding agent:
I froze the whole mess. Later I dug it out and sawed the thing in two neat hemispheres. Sitting the flat, sawed sides down on a plate, and shoving the rough, unsawed sides together made a reasonably convincing brain for my haunted house:

(Incidently, the whole process gave me a nightmare of sorts in which I convinced my sister Ashley to let me saw the top part of her skull off to use as mold for my noodle brain. I felt terribly guilty afterwards, and was relieved to wake up and find out that I hadn't really done it)

After the party, I had a brain that wasn't going to keep forever. I noticed some of the skater kids hanging out aroung my ditch Sunday. (remember my ditch? With the manhole tunnel and all?) I decided to kill two birds:

This is the ditch, and the hole me and Brad explored. One of the skaters left a red backpack behind.


I left them a brain. Now they have one...sort of.

This is a giant spider.

8 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

I've always wondered how to make a brain.

Bruce said...

forget the brain, how did you make the giant spider. gamma rays? toxic waist? i must know. there are these 5 peski kids that keep comeing around my house and....

timpani76 said...

Ew, I thought I was the only one with dreams with icky imagery. I'm guessing that dream had something to do with Ashley already having had brain surgery ;)

Renae said...

ha ha ha!! I love where you left it. Wish I could be there to see the scater kids' reaction!

lizS said...

that spider was on our big picture window for a day. we got to watch it all day; eat various bugs it caught, suck it's web back in, ect ect. it looks huge because i took the pic from inside the house. all that background stuff is across the street and suchlike. i didn't even notice until john said "wow! that seriously looks like a radioactive monster spider or something!"

Renae said...

Hey, check out my new picture. I just realized that nearly all of my pictures that I've posted of me either have all of my hair blacked out, or I'm wearing something on my head. I wonder if all of those lurkers out there in the world of internet think I'm bald? Thanks for the pic T! I've been looking for something new.

The Marinator said...

ROFL!! The brain under the skater's backpack! I wonder if it kept its' shape? I'm still laughing!

pie-seas79 said...

you need a video camera placed in the ditch to catch the reaction...I'm sure it would be grand!