Daily GUIDE-ance:

Saturday, April 3, 2004

Fyi everyone:

Liz is sick. I dunno how sick exactly but she has been for around 2 months, and she is not getting better. We have been to a doctor but he was pretty much utterly incompetent and told her it was all in her head. I hate doctors like that. We have a new doctor appointment tomorrow, otherwise I'd have her in the ER tonight. Mainly her symptoms have been extreme fatigue, but today she took a turn for the worse and her throat is all swollen up, and she cant really eat or drink. I gave her a blessing that said alot of great stuff about getting better soon, but so far, she is as sick as I have ever seen her including pregnant with kidney stones. I would not be too suprized if the doctor tomorrow hospitalizes her, which if that happens I dunno what our next move will be, as far as the kids and the job and all that stuff. i'd appreciate everybodies prayers. This pretty much sucks.

anyhow on a lighter note: Helium.

9 comments:

timpani76 said...

Omigosh! Keep us posted and of course we'll pray for Liz.

Eyepoke said...

Thanks-
We had her into a new and improved doctor today. He asked many good questions and is running many tests as we speak. Strep, Mono, and other possiblities abound. Liz still feels amazingly horrid. Our dryer broke yesterday too. LOL!... We might import my mom for a while...

All this has made me remember just how crappy/dangerous her pregancies were. So several more slugs in the skull of the Mormon not-reproducing-fast-enough angst.

thanks again.

timpani76 said...

Oh, I was thinking strep and pnemonia but mono would make so much more sense! Why didn't her other stupid doctor even test for that????

Are you feeling angst because you want more babies or because of something else? Sorry, I could not figure that one out.

timpani76 said...

Thank you for commenting so quickly too, because I might have been up half the night worrying about Liz!

I saw your mom at Tyrie Schmidt's open house for her new marriage to Moses Buzinde (did you hear about this?) but I did not get a chance to talk to her much because of people who were also at the open house (at the smallish Goree home).

Anonymous said...

Angst-

No I sort of thought/think that most Mormons live in an environment of pressure to have babies? Is that not your experience also? It's kinda like going on a mission- it's technically up to you, but its hard not to feel some pressure anyway? does that make sense?

J

Anonymous said...

oh yeah I heard Tyree got married!

J

timpani76 said...

Dude, I waited 8 years after we were married to have a baby. Yeah, there's pressure, but there is also personal revelation, which I follow because it has prevented me from making some pretty bad decisions. I never once in those 7 years (7 years to get pregnant, 8 years before Vance was born) was asked why we had not had children yet from someone at church.

I think that says something for IL mormons that they either truly believe in personal revelation, especially when it comes to children, or they truly believe it is none of their business when how, and how many people choose to have children.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's good that everyone minded thier own business with you. That's not exactly been Liz's experience. Maybe its cause you are intimidating?

J

timpani76 said...

Me? Intimidating?