Daily GUIDE-ance:

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Just 2 humble links of interest

This is pretty much a nothing post. I'm sure most of you have seen Glenn Beck's Tribute to President Hinkley by now, but if you haven't, its short, like 3 minutes, and I liked it:
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/200/5127/


On a totally unrelated note, quite a while back I said I wanted to post links to a couple of Michael Crichton's (i can never spell his name right) essays about Global Warming:


http://www.michaelcrichton.com/essay-stateoffear-whypoliticizedscienceisdangerous.html


http://www.michaelcrichton.com/speech-environmentalismaseligion.html



Oh and one other thing. (On yet another, even less related note).


Been reading CS Lewis's Mere Christianity. Good, although so far there have been no fist fights or shoot outs or sword fights (one of the characters does have superhuman powers though). I thought this bit about sex (SEX SEX SEX SEX)
was funny. (and well put)



2 comments:

timpani76 said...

You know what's funny is that the chapter on sex (lust?) in Mere Christianity did not make me nearly as uncomfortable as the chapter on pride.

Also, I read you articles and found them both to be disturbing.

Anonymous said...

Glad I could disturb you.

I finished Mere Christianity yesterday. More on that later.

All in all good, although I found myself disagreeing with CS Lewis mor ethan I ever thouht possible on some issues.

The Pride chapter was interesting and pretty good, but it was actually one of the chapters that I disagreed with.

Thanks for the tip, Timpani. (to read this book I mean)

More later-
J