Daily GUIDE-ance:

Monday, October 8, 2007

Need Ideas

hmmm.



Last Halloween at our church's "Trunk or Treat" I handed out, in addition to "normal" candy, condiments. Little packets of ketchup, that is, hot sauce from Taco bell, soy sauce from Chinese places, mustard from everywhere, mayo packets, little salts and peppers, etc etc etc. We were starting to have too many in the house you see. Since the whole passing out of candy business happened in the dark, it created a very enjoyable bit of confusion later, when the kids got back into the light and started opening their bags to see what they had collected, because of course nobody had any way of knowing who gave out what. I was also flattered that one or two moms figured out that I was the one giving out mustard, without asking. So it was worth a few laughs.

But now I am wondering how to top it this year? I toyed briefly with the idea of handing out Red Bull sodas, but I have an idea that that would get me into trouble. Liz suggested whiskey, but I pointed out that that would be Illegal. I thought maybe a brick would be funny, dropped from a goodish height just to watch it break out the bottoms of their candy bags, but I am not actually cruel to children, in practice. (Although it is funny to think about.) I saw a comic once where a guy ladled out apple cider into the kids candy containers, but again- too mean. It'd be fun to get one absurdly ridiculously humongous piece of candy- like a 5 lb bag of m+ms- and give it to just one kid maybe?

So I could use some ideas...

5 comments:

Renae said...

How about shards of glass!
Hypedermic needles, cigarettes, you could get some of those nude lady playing cards from "The Strip"

Anonymous said...

good idea!
J

timpani76 said...

Do you have lots of mismatched socks in your house like we do? You could bundle them up one by one and tie each sock with string or leftover Christmas ribbon.

bruce said...

dog treats would be fun, like liver snaps and milk bones

Anonymous said...

HEY! Those insults are being directed to MY email address! :( No wonder I've been getting so many nasty emails...

MC