Daily GUIDE-ance:

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Idiotic Blasphemous Speculation

So Saturday we will find out who the new Couselor in the 1st presidency of the Lds church will be, as well as the new apostle. I figure there is basically a 1 in 13 chance of guessing right, as to who the new Counselor will be. So at the risk of being mauled by she-bears, who has guesses?

I last time we got new apostles I guessed David Burton and was totally wrong. So I will guess him again or Merril Bateman. (It could be our first non-white apostle- a Portuguese or Spanish speaker mebbe? But that seems too obvious.)

As to the new counselor, I'm going to guess Dallin H. Oaks, with my back up as Jeffery R. Holland.

Seems like if anyone posts a guess and turn out to be right, they should get a prize of some kind... I will have to get thinking as to what sort of prize it will be- an autographed photo of myself perhaps?

9 comments:

timpani76 said...

I'm going to guess the new guy from Germany. I forget his name.

Anonymous said...

i'm totally going with boyd k. packer as the new couselor. as to the new apostle, i have noooooo idea.
liz

Anonymous said...

any other takers? less than 16 hours to go.

j

Renae said...

No bloody idea. You are surely going to hell for all of this speculation! -jk-

Anonymous said...

Heres my complete list, in order of probability according to me:

Oaks
Holland
Packer
Nelson
Maxwell
Perry
Wirthlin
Hales
Scott
Eyring
Uchtdorf
New guy
Bednar

J

Anonymous said...

come on renae... theres a prize!!!!
J

Anonymous said...

let me be the first to say it:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! yes I WAS NOT ONLY WRONG I WAS WILDLY EXTRAVAGANTLY MONTROUSLY CRAZILY INSANELY WRONG!

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG I SAY!

but so was every one else, so NO PRIZES!

J

timpani76 said...

So, since we guessed wrong, are we all still going to hell? Just checking since if I am already going there.....

Anonymous said...

I think its going to be Chewbacca.

-Bruce